嘉獎 0 支
警告 0 支
熱誠 0 次
支持 1
閱讀權限 1
註冊 2006-11-10
來自 台灣彰化
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-5-21 19:54  資料  個人空間  短消息  加為好友  添加 b558149 為MSN好友 通過MSN和 b558149 交談 Yahoo!

別讓髮禁復活
高二英文[高手翻譯,,謝謝]^^

In  my  town,  the  annual  marathon  is  always  held  in  hot  weather.  One  year,  it  is  was  my  job  to  follow  the  runners  in  an  ambulance  to  give  them  medical  attention  if  they  needed  it.  The  driver  and  I  waited  inside  the  ambulance.  Outside. 100  runners  listened  for  the  loud  crack  of  the  starting  gun.

“Remember  to  drive  solely,”  I  told  the  ambulance  driver  as  we  began  moving  forward,  “because  we  are  supposed  to  stay  behind  the  last  runner.”

As  the  fastest  runners  started  to  disappear  in  the  distance,  I  saw  a   person  who  was  moving  very  slowly.  Right  away,  I  knew  she  was  our  ”last  runner.”  Both  her  feet  were  turned  in,  but  her  left  knee  was  turned  out.  Her  legs  were  so  bent  that  it  looked  difficult  for  to  walk.  It  would  be  more  difficult  for  her  to  run  a  marathon  in  this  weather.

The  driver  and  I  watched  in  silence  as  she  struggled  forward,  little  by  little.  Without  saying  a  word,  we  moved  along  slowly  behind  her.  Every  time  she  stopped,  we  would  just  stop  and  wait  for  to  continue.

Soon,  she  was  the  very  last  runner  in  sight.  Tears  ran  down  my  face,  and  I  was  filled  with  amazement  at  this  woman.  I  had  a  great  feeling  of  respect  for  her,  because  she  pushed  forward  with  powerful  determination  through  the  last  miles  of  the  marathon.

A  long  time  later,  we  finally  reached  the  finish  line.  Most  of  the  crowd  had  already  done  home,  and  there  was  trash  all  over  the  ground.  But  there,  at  the  finish  line,  one  proud  man  stood  and  waited.  In  his  hand  was  one  end  of  a  paper  ribbon;  the  other  end  was  tied  to  a  past.  Very  slowly,  the  woman  crossed  the  finish  line  and  broke  the  ribbon  into  two  pieces  like  a  winning  runner.

I  never  knew  this  woman’s  name,  but  since  then  she  has  become  an  important  part  of  my  life.  For  her,  the  marathon  wasn’t  about  coming  in  first  in  the  race.  It  was  about  finishing  something  that  she  started,  no  matter  how  difficult  it  was.  Now,  when  I  think  things  are  too  difficult  or  time-consuming,  I  think  of  that  wonderful  woman,  the  “last  runner.”  Right  away,  I  realize  how  small  my  own  problems  really  are.

[ 本帖最後由 b558149 於 2007-5-21 19:55 編輯 ]

突然發現,,,
頂部
[廣告] 靠你的部落格就可以賺到廣告費?
大熊老師
新一代的合格英文教師

UID 7747
精華 8
積分 2437
帖子 1944
錢幣 8307
存款 0 元
嘉獎 0 支
警告 0 支
熱誠 0 次
支持 0
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2007-3-5
來自 說台語的高雄人
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-5-21 20:32  資料  個人空間  短消息  加為好友  Yahoo!

In  my  town,  the  annual  marathon  is  always  held  in  hot  weather.  One  year,  it  is  was  my  job  to  follow  the  runners  in  an  ambulance  to  give  them  medical  attention  if  they  needed  it.  The  driver  and  I  waited  inside  the  ambulance.  Outside. 100  runners  listened  for  the  loud  crack  of  the  starting  gun.
(在我的城鎮裡,一年一度的馬拉松都是在大熱天舉行. 有一年, 我的工作是,如果跑者需要的話, 在救護車裡面跟隨他們. 司機和我在救護車裡面等待. 外面有100位選手聽著鳴槍的聲音. )

“Remember  to  drive  solely,”  I  told  the  ambulance  driver  as  we  began  moving  forward,  “because  we  are  supposed  to  stay  behind  the  last  runner.”
(當我們開始前進時,  我告訴司機: 記得開車小心 因為我們應該跟在最後一位跑者後面 )

As  the  fastest  runners  started  to  disappear  in  the  distance,  I  saw  a   person  who  was  moving  very  slowly.  Right  away,  I  knew  she  was  our  ”last  runner.”  Both  her  feet  were  turned  in,  but  her  left  knee  was  turned  out.  Her  legs  were  so  bent  that  it  looked  difficult  for  to  walk.  It  would  be  more  difficult  for  her  to  run  a  marathon  in  this  weather.
(當最快的跑者開始再遠方消失時, 我看到一個人慢慢的移動. 我立刻就知道她是我們'最後的跑者.' 她的
  雙腳都往裡面彎, 但是她的左膝蓋卻向外彎. 她的雙腿如此的扭曲, 以至於看起來難於行. 在這種天氣跑
  馬拉松對她來說將更為困難.)
The  driver  and  I  watched  in  silence  as  she  struggled  forward,  little  by  little.  Without  saying  a  word,  we  moved  along  slowly  behind  her.  Every  time  she  stopped,  we  would  just  stop  and  wait  for  to  continue.
(司機和我在她掙扎前進時, 默默地看著. 不用說, 漸漸地 我們慢慢地移到她後面.  每一次她停下來, 我們就會停下來並等著繼續.  )
Soon,  she  was  the  very  last  runner  in  sight.  Tears  ran  down  my  face,  and  I  was  filled  with  amazement  at  this  woman.  I  had  a  great  feeling  of  respect  for  her,  because  she  pushed  forward  with  powerful  determination  through  the  last  miles  of  the  marathon.
(很快地, 在視線之內她是最慢的多的選手了. 淚水從我臉上流下, 我很驚奇的看著這女人. 我對她有著一份強烈的尊敬感, 因為她以強而有力的決心向前推進, 穿過馬拉松的最後幾哩路.)
A  long  time  later,  we  finally  reached  the  finish  line.  Most  of  the  crowd  had  already  done  home,  and  there  was  trash  all  over  the  ground.  But  there,  at  the  finish  line,  one  proud  man  stood  and  waited.  In  his  hand  was  one  end  of  a  paper  ribbon;  the  other  end  was  tied  to  a  past.  Very  slowly,  the  woman  crossed  the  finish  line  and  broke  the  ribbon  into  two  pieces  like  a  winning  runner.
(長時間過去, 我們終於到達終點線. 大部分的群眾都已經回家, 地上到處都是垃圾. 但 那裡, 在終點線那, 一個驕傲的人站在那等著. 他手上是一個紙緞帶的尾端; 另一端綁在一個過去.  這女人非常緩慢地穿過終點線並像個勝利的跑者般的把緞帶弄成兩段.)
I  never  knew  this  woman’s  name,  but  since  then  she  has  become  an  important  part  of  my  life.  For  her,  the  marathon  wasn’t  about  coming  in  first  in  the  race.  It  was  about  finishing  something  that  she  started,  no  matter  how  difficult  it  was.  Now,  when  I  think  things  are  too  difficult  or  time-consuming,  I  think  of  that  wonderful  woman,  the  “last  runner.”  Right  away,  I  realize  how  small  my  own  problems  really  are.
(我從不知到這女人的姓名, 但自從那時她變成在我生命中一個重要的部分. 對她來說, 這場馬拉松不在於在賽跑中得第一, 而是在於不論多難, 完成她所開始的事件. 現在, 當我認為事情太過困難或耗時的時候,我就想到那位厲害的女性, 最後的跑者. 我立刻了解我問題是多麼的渺小啊. )

本帖最近評分記錄
夜濁漂   2007-5-28 20:04  錢幣  +15   感謝你熱心幫助其他會員解決問題 ...

大熊老師 為教育界獻出我的一份心力
頂部
[廣告] 靠你的部落格就可以賺到廣告費?
b558149
遊客

UID 161
精華 0
積分 663
帖子 524
錢幣 753
存款 0 元
嘉獎 0 支
警告 0 支
熱誠 0 次
支持 1
閱讀權限 1
註冊 2006-11-10
來自 台灣彰化
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-5-22 17:52  資料  個人空間  短消息  加為好友  添加 b558149 為MSN好友 通過MSN和 b558149 交談 Yahoo!

別讓髮禁復活
謝謝小雄老師的翻譯^^

你們那邊沒在下雨吧!?

突然發現,,,
頂部
[廣告] 皮吉分類廣告~食衣住行育樂免費刊登查詢!
大熊老師
新一代的合格英文教師

UID 7747
精華 8
積分 2437
帖子 1944
錢幣 8307
存款 0 元
嘉獎 0 支
警告 0 支
熱誠 0 次
支持 0
閱讀權限 10
註冊 2007-3-5
來自 說台語的高雄人
狀態 離線
發表於 2007-5-22 17:58  資料  個人空間  短消息  加為好友  Yahoo!

回復 #3 b558149 的帖子

一下子下  一下子又沒下  真不習慣啊

大熊老師 為教育界獻出我的一份心力
頂部
[廣告] 你知道透過部落格或是網站也能賺取穩定的收入嗎?

免費使用皮吉信箱!

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-4-18 08:39